View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-10, 00:29

Plan: Dr. Eric Westman's/Atkins
Stats: 150/148/132 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Wow Becs101! I sure hope you get some responses soon. I suffer from hypothyroidism from Hashimoto's. The only thing I can say is my endocrinologist has me on both Synthroid and Cytomel. I haven't seen a downward trend in my weight until now, getting on the South Beach plan. I am really hoping someone can advise you once again. It seems to me some rather extreme advice they gave, but maybe they are right. I had to decide I was going to choose a more middle of the road approach to it all. I keep my calories around 1600. I work out moderately 4 days per week. I try to balance my foods and stay on the SB plan. I will report if it helps but as of now, I have seen more results this time in days rather than the months it took on Atkin's. We have sililar stats so I know how you are struggling. I also know how frustrating it feels to not have a doctor that really listens. My first endocrinologist happened to be a firend of ours personally, and I couldn't even get him to really listen to me. The people here are usually very responsive. I would private message Awriter to try to get more advice. Please keep us posted!