#4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 03:08

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Exclamation Dissappointed

Hi Cheryl

Congratulations on your weight loss first time round. I can understand why you are puzzled now that you are back on Atkins and not loosing. I assume that you are eating the same as last time?

Whilst low carbing is not about counting calories, they do play a part. How many calories do you think you eat on average a day. You should try to keep them to around 10 times your body weight. Too much more and you will not loose, perhaps gain, and much less and your body will go into starvation mode and again you will not lose. There is a sweet spot in the middle. I would encourage you to explore Fitday if you have not already. Many of us use it to keep track of their carbs, calories, protein and fat. I find it a godsend. It would be worth eating around 30 g carbs a day. Eating less does not mean faster weight loss. I now eat around 50 carbs a day.

You do not say how old you are. I had problems last year when approaching the menopause my estrogen levels were very low. If your hormones are not in balance you will also not loose weight. I had a bad patch of around 3 months where I stayed the same, gaining and loosing the same 2 pounds, however now I'm on HRT my hormones are balanced and I am loosing weight regularly again. Throughout this time I kept LCing as I feel good doing it.

So explore these 2 issues and look at the other factors in your life to see if there are any logical things that are stopping the weight loss. Keep the faith. The fat will come off in its own good time.

Have a read of the Sticky: post at the top of this forum - So you think you are a turtle.

Every success.