View Single Post
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-09, 13:54

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 138/143/130 Female 64.5 in
BF:
Progress: -63%

If I take 1 grain then I go slightly hyper (based on symptoms). For the most part I'm symptom free with 1/2 grain and all of the thyroid tests are within normal. Actually, I think I'm pretty sensitive to any medications, so I usually need less than the normal person. That also means that if I'm low I have bad symptoms.
I also have endometriosis and PCOS, so some of symptoms tend to overlap. They aren't always tied to my thyroid levels. That's one of the reasons for going to the Naturopath because I want to try to treat all of them at once rather than going to different doctors for all of the different diseases (OBGYN and endocrinologist). Plus it's been hard finding a doctor that my insurance covers that is willing to listen to me not wanting to go on the pill. The pill usually causes havoc.

In regards to the stool test, how does it measure gluten intolerance/allergy? Does it take intestinal flora into account? The reason I wonder is because of the effect that probiotics has on my symptoms. Could it be that some people are reacting to a microbe that eats gluten rather than the gluten itself?