#20   ^
Old Wed, Dec-16-09, 11:28

Plan: VLC
Stats: 265.4/238.8/199 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaveman
Sounds like the pattern of stressed and lonely people. And fat on top of it, all for the price of student loans that will haunt them for the next ten years.

There may be something more important going on here than some people getting fat because they've violated library etiquette. What could it be?

Possibly, but generally in my role as librarian I confine myself to doing library work and resist the temptation to offer personal advice. It's true I'm all-wise and all-knowing and if I ran the world life would be grand, but I've made it my policy only to offer advice when asked for it. So I have to satisfy myself with the non-carbohydrate reasons for leaving the food at the library door: the crunching is disturbing the quiet; the crumbs and litter attract vermin; and other people should have a reasonable expectation that papers and books placed on a library table won't come away with smears of nacho flavoring.

But, rest assured, if any patrons should ask me for nutrition advice, I won't miss the chance to proselytize.