View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 14:36

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I'm sorry you are going thru this with your brother. I work with someone who is totally against my way of eating and constantly makes remarks - - I told him nicely that "I do my thing, you do yours" but he bases his attitude by what his brother went thru when he did Atkins 15 yrs ago - His cholestral was sky high despite being on the WOE and had a Stroke. Now my view on this is that he probably had blocked arteries before starting Atkins and thus it was a time-bomb ready to explode and just happen to be that time 6 months into Atkins. Now is this typical - - NO - - and coming from a family where my father passed on at age 49 from a Stroke if anyone should run away from Low Carb/High Fat would be me - - But I did my research and I know that my blood tests have been the best ever and I feel great at almost 40!

I let him have his say but stick with my program and never let him get me down - - don't let it get you down! You are doing what is best for you and you will see - - they ALL will be laughing in the near future