View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 13:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%
Thumbs up Keep at it!

I started Atkins on 27 Jan 2003 and have lost 9 pounds to date. That's great and all, but the best thing about this is that I haven't had any heart flutters that I used to have every night when I laid down for bed. I don't know the reason behind it except that I believe it's because I cut out carbs out of my diet. I don't feel bloated after I eat, no acid reflux, I sleep better, back and knees don't hurt as bad, and my blood pressure have gone down slightly, and I havven't even finished induction yet!

Before I started doing Atkins, my weight went from 130 to 180 over a 10 year period of eating all low fat foods (low fat mayo, cheeses, pasta, bread, rice). I was doing aerobics and jogging until I got so heavy that I didn't have the energy or the nerves to show up at the gym the way I looked. I would drop my calories to 1200 a day, exercise, and lose 10 pounds at the most, but I was always tired, miserable, food consumed my thoughts every second of the day until I would break down and quit dieting. My health was getting worse and worse until my bloodpressure was sky high, diagnosed with acid reflux disease, my knees and back hurt so bad that I couldn't even stand up straight until I got warmed up in the morning.

My friend lost 60 pounds doing Atkins and she's down to 135 now. My doctor couldn't find anything wrong with me except for the acid reflux and the high blood pressure, and he gave me the green light to start Atkins. He said losing weight will stop most of my aches and pains and other health problems I've been having. I'd say stick to your guns and keep at it!

I think you're doing the right thing about reading and finding out everything you can about it. If I wanted to go somewhere that I haven't gone before, I'd get a map. Otherwise you'll be wasting a lot of time getting there!

Yaseruzo~!