Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello22
Yes, I need to modify a recipe.

I keep thinking of PJ's post about not being able to just walk into the store and buy something to eat. As I move to eating more and more whole foods, I spend so much more time cooking. (I also spend more on the food itself!) Lord, I'd love to just brown some ground hamburger, then throw in a can of sloppy joe sauce. It's what I used to call "cooking."

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,182...-235207,00.html

You could cheat and use dehydrated onion or onion powder same for the garlic. I really like these dehydrated roasted garlic chips I've purchased when I don't have fresh garlic on hand. You could skip the green peppers. They're nice but probably don't change the basic flavor much if at all. I love dehydrated onion. I mean really love it... I shake it on my salads. I like regular onions too. Oh yes, some stores sell pre-chopped onion, but they always taste kind of bland to me.

So then you're squeezing 3/4ths cup of ketchup. Shaking on onions and garlic. Adding water or broth. Worchester sauce. Skip the flour. Sounds pretty darned easy if you take some short cuts. In fact, I pretty much have all the ingredient right now!

I think outside of the cooking time for the beef, I could probably stir that up in 10 minutes maybe even 5.