Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: to Cindy and Donna

Quote:
Originally posted by jessea
I read that doctors spend a total of twelve hours studying nutrition. That sounds far-fetched, but I really believe most of them would rather give you a pill, and send you on your way.

Hi Jessea:

Being married to a doctor, I can attest that your statement is not far-fetched. DH and I have talked about this very issue. I know more than he does about nutrition. Unless a doctor has done continuing education on nutrition, they know absolutely nothing about it so don't trust their opinion unless they can back it up .

Unfortunately, doctors only know what they have been taught in school. There's a lot of politics in the field of nutrition and medicine so they are only repeating what they've been told. The first thing a doctor will look for is something out of the ordinary and tell you to eliminate it. Ah, low-carb diet, that must be the reason! They know you want an answer and they can't provide one for you. It's the best solution for some doctors who suffer from God complexes.

My strong suggestion for you is to find yourself a nutritionally-oriented doctor. As you already know, mine did wonders for my health. I don't think you will be able to muddle through this on your own and a conventional doctor will leave you feeling frustrated. Most of the complementary doctors will have a lot of experience with these more recent syndromes such as candida and fibro and CFS.

You can probably look up the American College for Advancement in Medicine and find a doctor in your area.

All the best Jessea,
Wanda