View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 12:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I don't exercise, YET. I am walking a lot more than I was, and having less trouble doing it. Also, I am more active in other ways now. But, I'm not ready for actual exercise. I do plan to begin when I feel like I'm strong enough. But, when I began this way of life, I was so sick that I was having trouble walking from the car to the store. I have improved a GREAT deal from then.

I just recently lowered the dosage of another bp med. YAY! It is such a joy to be getting better instead of worse.

I think I should warn you, though, that very few people manage to lose ten pounds per month every month. I have been lucky to average 5 lbs/month, when I'm not stalled. Are you finding any other health benefits for yourself, besides the weight loss? They may keep you strong when/if the weight loss slows or stalls. I hope you're lucky and NEVER need this advice.

My daughter, who has not really been strictly following the diet, is beginning to slim down in her appearance. She hasn't lost much more weight since the start of the diet, but her clothes are fitting better and she looks healthier. I'm sure, if she wanted to follow the plan strictly, that she would slim down significantly. But, I'm not terribly concerned since she is not yet large for her size. She is not even chunky. It's more a solidity of person than a weight problem, thus far.

Write back when you can. I'm enjoying having you for a buddy!