#7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 08:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/195/190
BF:??%/15.9%/<10%
Progress: 89%
Default Weight training is foreign to Me

Dan.
I have been reading some of your posts over the last few weeks. As a former runner exercise to me has always been cardio.
My coaches never wanted me lifting because they always wanted me to loose a few pounds of fat rather than gain any muscle. They also had me packing the carbs away constantly...which is probably why I needed to loose the weight in the first place. Any how that is all ancient history and I am now LC'ing and exercising. I have been trying to get 20 to 45 min a day on my eliptical machine. I am working out within my target heart rate range and dropping pounds.
My thoughts at first were to drop the weight with the cardio and then tone and firm with weights as I approach my goal weight.

Question? Does your experiance suggest that I should alternate the cardio and weight training? I think it does.

If so can you recomend a stripped down weight training program? I do not have any equiptment so I would like to build a weight gym peice by peice.

I was thinking of starting a program of: push-ups, crunches, pull-ups, and getting some dumbells.

I know I am rambling but I would appreciate any comentary.

Three things I would like to get from weight training:
Burn fat
Ballance my upper body with my stron lower body

THANKS-
Shane aka MaineDaddy
Find my Ab's