#7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 07:47

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%

Dear Plum ,
Thanks so much for the info.

That is our biggest "fear" is that now that our appetites and hypoglycemia are under control I am afraid eating any bread,rice etc will be a problem but I also realize that I really need to have a bit more freedom to stop thinking about every little aspect of my woe. I feel I can relax a lot more on CAD/CALP and am just going to give it a fair shot as I have Atkins.

I am really glad to hear that 1/3 at the RM is working for you and of course I realize it works for a lot of people. It is time for me to just try it and trust it and see how my body responds. It has never been cravings that were a problem for me but I just don't want to start feeling faint,lightheaded sick if I eat bread or potatoes.For my husband it is the cravings but he is very good at letting me help him learn this WOE so I think we can both make the transition together. It really is different for each person thats why it is so great to have a few different LC plans for everyone to choose from. I have all the books and this way seems to fit my current eating habits and personality the best. I prefer a more relaxed approach within the limits of Allowed carbs. I know what to stay away from all day and then if I really want something I understand having more then 1/3 is likely to make me feel very sick so I think I can stick to this.....

Have had a great morning so far. 15 minutes on the treadmill, water with potassium and a salad with hamburger and cheese in it. I am not counting carbs just eating the right stuff. I trust this already because I was way under on carbs and calories before.I just can't eat that much and I am happy to stop trying to get up to the high calorie level. I just can't get there. and if feels good to let that go..I am more concerned about feeling good and getting my pain and fatigue under control first. I don't think anyone can really lose that well when the are fatigued and in pain.......

I did just twist my knee again this morning and already it is swelling ......but I had to run out and go in my puppies outside pen and call her because the snow is so high that she was able to get over her fence and I saw her out there running lose. I fell through the snow crust which is about 2 1/2 feet deep and I twisted my knee again...Oh well she is safely back in the house and I will just have to take it easy.........

Thanks again for your feedback. I am ready to make a new journal for CAD/CALP and see how this goes for me.

Debbie