#11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-09, 20:17

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBoGuy
Nancy, I agree with everything in your above links.

Science has know for a long time that quickly digested and absorbed carbohydrates result in rapidly rising blood sugar levels that result in higher risks for developing macular degeneration.

Science has also known for a long time that eating red meat increases an individual’s chances of contracting Age Related Macular Degeneration by 50%. It’s also known that eating chicken would decrease that same likelihood by 50%. They suspect that the saturated fats in red meats decrease the blood flow to the macula resulting in AMD.

Personally, I no longer consume red meat, however, it does introduce protein into our systems and can have positive effects on us if consumed in moderation. I only question why protein sources such as eggs, fish and chicken, which are healthier and have been shown to prevent certain ocular conditions, are not chosen over red meat?

Dump the simple carbs and the red meat!!!

Bo

It's not science that knows this, it's statistics. In other words, it's not scientists, it's accountants. There is no truth to be had from accounting. On the other hand, what science knows about red meat, it found by testing it on humans. Do I really need to post it again?

www.jbc.org/content/87/3/651.full.pdf
Quote:
11. In these trained subjects, the clinical observations and
laboratory studies gave no evidence that any ill effects had
occurred from the prolonged use of the exclusive meat diet.