View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 15:30

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
I never could tell if it was true hypoglycemia or food sensitivities but all I know is either way I felt sick.This has been going on since I was a teenager and was worst after the birth of my third child. 2 and 3 were born 14 months apart and by then by body was a wreck.Every time I ate I was totally wiped out. I felt sick or tired or both.......

Oops, I completely got mixed up. I was thinking hyperinsulinemia. Not hypoglycemia. Lol, the hyperinsulinemia is the cause of hypoglycemia. Eeks.. this is getting to be a tongue twister.

Anyways, since CAD/CALP is a diet meant to treat hyperinsulinemia (which is the cause of hypoglycemia).

You would probably be best off to try CAD/CALP for a month or two to really see if it helps. With a lot of people, it clears up the symptoms of hyperinsulinemia within the first week or two. If you find certain foods that you still react to that you ate during your RM, than that is a food sensitivity. The insulin levels would not be raised, therefore limiting the problem to allergy.

I am not a medical expert, but I have been doing quite a bit of research into this. I strongly feel that for those who suffer from hyperinsulinemia (and what goes with it) can strongly benefit from a woe like CAD/CALP. Those who have food allergies, or want to lose a lot of weight really really fast, Atkins or other stricter lc plans.

Quote:
Are you saying CAD /CALP tells you whether it is hypoglycemia and if I then do a test with wheat or potatoes I will be able to tell it is food sensitivities if I have a bad reaction still even when using the 1/3 balancing at the RW?

Well, after the first month, I would hope you can rule out which foods you are allergic to, and which foods just made you hypoglycemic.

Quote:
He is definately a carb addict. He has such terrible cravings but he likes atkins alot . He is happily eating breakfast , lunch and dinner. He used to eat only dinner for fear of gaining more weight. He won't read all the books but relies on me so I think I will switch him to CAD and tell him it is the OWL part of Atkins .He won't care. He hasn't been doing induction right anyway with too much dressing at dinner on his salad so hopefully I can switch him over without too much of an uproar.

Atkins is a truly wonderful woe. However, everyone's body is different. If you really are experiencing hyperinsulinemia, than snacking can be detrimental. Even if it is low carb. It'll bring back those cravings like nobodies business. There are some on Atkins that do not snack and still get cravings, and then there are some that snack and don't! Lol, so it is a lot about listening to your body and finding out which plan works the best.

You might want to just tell your husband about CAD/CALP. Tell him that it is a low carb plan, and explain to him what it is for (the title... Carb Addict's Diet) and how it works (the 60 min RM and the like). I think he will warm up to it, especially if he sees results from you. Otherwise, he might give ill-advice and/or misinformation to someone thinking he is doing Atkins.

Anyways, try this out and maybe you will have found a great way of eating for life. One of the MANY great benefits that I've found, is that if you slip up and have something bad, you can turn it into your RM (which you'll end up thinking "I wasted my RM on that?!"). That way it won't even affect you.