#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 09:08

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%
Default Wish me Luck!

Hi everyone,
I am not new to low carbing but haven't actually tried CAD.I have ben doing Atkins for since Jan 7 ,2003 and I did Atkins once last year to lose weight and found the best benefit was that it helped get rid of the pain and fatigue I have had for 17 years now. I have always had hypoglycemia reactions for as long as I can remember but LCing has taken care of that. I got the pain under control with coral calcium and this morning.......

I am considering making the switch from Atkins to CAD.
Here is why.

1. I really only like to eat 3 times a day ......in fact that is even hard for me . I have been eating only 1 or 2 times a day for so long that 3 is like a big change for me. I have to think about eating to eat that often and it is a real struggle to get to 5 ........in fact forget that.It doesn't work for me............

2. I have totally NO APPETITE at all and that just doesn't seem right. I was thinking that the one reward meal a day might help me to have a normal appetite again. I never have been a big eater and if anything I ruined my metabolism by not eating....to avoid the blood sugar swings.Do you think that CAD/CALP could help with Appetite without giving me a bad blood sugar reaction?

3.. If I keep doing Atkins I think I might lose my mind. I have read all the books and if fact own all ofthem . ........PP,CAD,CALP.Atkins,....I believe I can do the 2 LC meals a day because I just have to eat the stuff from the list and not worry about the counts.Is that correct? I haven't been able to get up over 1500 calories on more then 5 days since I started and all the stuff I have to keep track of makes me feel like I am doing it WRONG. Protein/carb/fat ratios. Eat 5 times a day, keep carbs at 20 then find CCL. I just know that this isn't right for me so I have to do something different I can balance that at one reward meal by eyeballing it. That is just more my personality so after reading it it seems right for me...........

so I need to eat two meals a day with no carbs except those on the accepted list and then eat one reward meal a day with balanced thirds of everything.....

I am afraid of is that if I eat the "forbidden" carbs once a day
I will feel sick again (hypoglycemia response) But from what I understand if I make sure the reward meal is balanced that I shouldn't have a negative blood sugar response?

start being hungry all the time.......or
gain the weight back and more...........

Any suggestions for making the switch will be welcome!
In the meantime I will go read more about CAD/CALP and see what I can find...

Debbie
Sponsored Links