Thread: Strange Diets
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-09, 13:37

Plan: Primal/Paleo/MyOwn
Stats: 187.5/168/132 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

On a more serious note, the way Paul Rudnick eats is the way I ate growing up as a child...and pretty much the way my parents still eat, except that these past few years, they have suddenly gotten into eating lots of salads. In fact, I'd say that Paul Rudnick eats healthier than my family did back in the 60's and 70's...we never got peanuts or things like that. We mostly ate wonder bread, marshmallows, kool-aid and other similar things...and our only "healthy" food was milk.

(Probably why, despite my mostly being Paleo, I won't give up dairy...I feel like it was the food that saved me...my only sibling who hated milk has SO many health problems and is a good seven or eight inches shorter than me...)

Anyway, I do think the body can survive on almost anything with calories...but what I'd like to see is Mr. Rudnick in another ten or twenty years down the road....I can hardly believe his blood sugar is perfectly normal....as a child on a sugary diet, I fainted a lot and had lots of dizzy spells. Never saw a doctor or had it checked (despite the school's and neighbors concerns), but now that I eat healthy, I feel so much better than I ever did as a kid.

Okay, let's all bookmark the page on Paul Rudnick and check back on him in ten years and see where he is with his health...