#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-09, 17:47
Dog is my copilot

Plan: paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 210/162/145 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Wyvrn's HIT

A couple of months ago I started doing HIT (high intensity training) after reading Body By Science by Doug McGuff and John Little. These writers didn't invent this style of training - it's been around for about 30 years or so - but their book gave me enough information to understand why it works which inspired me to try it. This style of training involves a few exercises done to failure at very slow reps, with several days of recovery in between.

I have a trainer who sets up the machines for me (the facility mostly has MedX with a couple of Nautilus machines) and then coaches me through the session, making sure I keep my reps slow and in good form, helping with negatives (if I hit failure in the middle of the rep) and so on.

I currently work out about once a week and the workout typically lasts about 10-12 minutes (not counting time spent chatting with my trainer, which is pretty minimal since I'm trying to maximize metabolic conditioning effect by minimizing rest during the workout. I try to avoid doing any heavy physical work between workouts because it can interfere with recovery, however I enjoy being active on the weekends. That's for fun though, not for exercise.
Sponsored Links