View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-09, 07:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/200/180 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've been dieting since I was ten years old and I always blamed my lack of "willpower" on myself. I started LC in January 2009, lost about 15 lbs and then maintained through the summer with a slightly higher carb level and then started losing again in the last month. I'm now down about 24 lbs.

The greatest thing about this WOE is that I've stopped blaming myself for being fat. My inability to stay on a diet was my fault. Somewhere I must be cheating when I would stop losing weight, even though I was still weighing all my food and journalling. I'm certain that there are physical and emotional reasons why we are overweight but for me it is so liberating now that I know it isn't my fault and, more importantly that I can change it.

I'm not even particularly worried about Halloween candy this weekend. I didn't just learn to cope better. The "need" is gone. They taste good but I don't "need" them. I don't salivate when I think of them which means that now, I actually have a choice about what goes in my mouth. Yay!