View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-19-09, 02:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/149/126 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Going to self prescribe - advice needed! :0)

Hi guys,

I have been suffering with the symptoms of an underactive thyroid for years and years. I did get to see a private doc a year ago where he prescribed Levothyroxine but then my GP told me not to take it as he would not continue to prescribe it. But after another year of problems I am going to take action.

I eat now about 800 cals a day or less and work out (heavy CV) Spinning, 5-6 times a week. Yet no weight loss, hair thinning still, hands freezing cold and feet all the time, and severe digestion problems. I can't take any more.

I have decided to buy Synthroid online. I am a bit worried about causing myself some harm but wanted to know what you think? I am going to start off taking the Levothyroxine that the private docs prescribed for me, and just start with a low dose and take it from there? What do you think?

Any advice would be great.

I am coming to my end with all of this and just don't know what else to do. My finance and friends cannot believe how little I eat....but I am still 5ft 3 and 10 and a half stone.....over my recommended BMI for my height...despite everything I do.

I have added test results for you from my last pricate test - what do you think?
TSH : 2.66 REFERENCE RANGE 0-4-4.0 (HIGH)
FREE T3: 2.60 REFERENCE RAGE 2.86.5 (LOW)
FREE T4 / FREE T3 RATIO: 6.58 REFERENCE RANGE 3.0-5.0 (LOW)
FREE T4: 17.1 REFERENCE RANGE 10-22 (NORMAL)

Bec
x
Sponsored Links