View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 22:18

Plan: Low Carb of Sorts
Stats: 173/133/120 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 75%
Question GLA, EPA & DHA Question

I have found that I seem to be allergic to something in Fish Oil Pills. I tried two different brands, one of them being my favorite 'Solgar'.

Both were 1000mg (lowest I could find) and both seemed to mostly have the same things in them with Solgar having some extra's like Vitamin E.

Problem is, when I take the Fish Oil Pills I break out in a very itchy and annoying rash.

What I would like to do is try the oils seperately and see if I have any problems, but I had a question before I do so.

First, I take Solgar 'Primrose Oil 500mg' softgels once a day and have been doing so for about 6 months now with no problem. Okay, so that's my source of GLA there.

So now I need to find my EPA.

Solgar has a product called 'Solgar - One-a-Day EPA/GLA'. If I get this, should I discontinue use of Primrose oil? (Worried I would be getting the GLA from this product and wasting money on buying both)

While the Solgar products I am able to get ahold of offer a bottle of only GLA they don't seem to offer a bottle of just EPA (They probably do, just that it isn't available where I order from)

Also, the fish oil has DHA listed in it's ingredients. Solgar also has a product called 'Solgar - DHA 100mg'. Wondering if I should get this to or if the EPA/GLA is enough?

And lastly, anyone have any ideas what I might be allergic to in the Fish Pills? I thought maybe the capsule at first, but I have no problem with Solgar Primrose or Vitamin E softgels.

Thanks for anyone that can help me with this. (I hope it all made sense, it's past 4am here)
Sponsored Links