Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/181/154 Female 68 inches
BF:No idea!!
Progress: 44%
Post Second time around for me!

Hi bellaluna!
Well this is my second time around.
History-never really more than 20lbs overweight-ate low for years fat and exercised regularly-loved my pittas and jacket potatoes.Always watched what I ate.
Then was introduced to a modified version of Atkins-just cutting out bread,rice,potatoes and pasta.I lost 7lbs in 2 weeks.So I bought the book and did the induction and lost another 4lbs in 2 weeks and continued to lose everyweek-2 or 3 lbs-for about another month.So I upped my fat and lowered my carb and that seemed to work for me-another 7lb in 2 weeks.After that I upped my carb again to about 35g.Was at goal-142lb in 4 months,started at 170lbs.
This time round the results are not as dramatic.I have tried to get back on the wagon for about a year and was eating low carb and then eating carb-a bad mix which has lead me to put on alot more weight.But I started again and the weight loss is not as dramatic-this is normal apparently.I think my body is reacting differently due to the messed up way i have been eating-LC and high fat and then alot of carb-like chocolate or pizza.Think my metabolism is a bit up the creek.I do feel and look thinner so hopefully I will have lost o the scales this week.
For me Atkins worked really well the first time-I just got complacent and had bits of carb here and there which then gradually increased to every other day and then before I knew it everyday-a very slippery slope !!!And another thing-when I did Atkins last time I NEVER WENT TO THE GYM-I just used to walk to work briskly-about half a mile there and back-3/4 times a week.And I never had better muscle tone!!MAD!!!!
This time I will be making it a WOL!!!!I feel better already.
Hope that helps!!Good luck!!
Lalla