View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 11:07
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I think many people get to that point of being sick of what they eat. It happened to me about about 6 months into this WOL. What I figured out was it was because I wasn't eating all the carbs that compelled me to keep on eating more carbs before. I was eating because I had to stay alive instead. I didn't even enjoy cooking at that point. It was something I had to live through and come out the other side.

Look for sales and read the grocery store flyers.

London drugs puts on some screaming deals for canned fish. Before Christmas tuna was .55 per tin. For cheap meat, eggs and vegetables, shop in Chinatown. Less well-to-do areas have less expensive food. Supermarkets - especially Safeway - are the most expensive places to shop. But, Safeway has those giant blocks of cheese that are different weights and a single price.

Soup is another great way to stretch your budget. Find recipes that appeal to you and treat yourself to some interesting food.

Don't stress, strategize! Once you get a game plan going of how you can succeed, you'll feel calmer.

Karen