View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 09:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. I'll just add that you can read more about it in the link over to the right, "the truth about low carb sweeteners info" under "quick links". Basically, although Atkins and other manufacturers insist that the body doesn't process the sugar alcohols, it's apparent that they *can* cause an insulin response, kick you out of ketosis, etc.

Another problem with them is that they can be a powerful laxative. Don't stray too far from the can!

Your best bet is to try to make your own treats at home. It doesn't have to be complicated: some sugar-free jello with real whipped cream can be heavenly. Heck, even just a little bowl of whipped cream makes me happy! If you have more time on your hands, you can make your own protein bars, sugar free cheesecake, 'truffles', etc out of Splenda. Much better than those with sugar alcohols. There are some recipes in the 'sweet treats' section of 'the kitchen' recipes forum here on the site.

...of course, I'm willing to bet that since you're only 4 days into induction, you'll still lose your sweet tooth! At the very least, it will diminish. Best of luck!