#13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 01:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Wcollier,

Hi!

I paused for a moment upon reading your post because you said you experienced things of a similar fashion. Then you said "Thanks for reminding me what it was like."

For a moment, I said to myself, "ACK that sounds bad!" Lol. I understand what you mean though, and I had to sit and think on it long and hard. I don't want to remember the agony I have been through, but at the same time, I certainly cannot fathom a better deterrent!

I just wanted to let you know how powerful that comment ended up being for me, and thank you for that.

I do understand the thing with the Ketostix, and I am beginning to think now that I can recognize ketosis, the verying fluctuations throughout the day, I may do well to ditch the stix. Hey that could even be a sig! Lol.

At any rate, thank you for the suggestions. I do not know why I feel so compelled to cook the veggies, I think in an effort to add something to the meat. No rice, no bed of pasta, no potatoes, no big fat roasted carrots, no gravy, so add *something*.

I know I have many years of brainwashing to overcome, having been weight conscious since the age of 9, when my mother put me on my first diet. In looking back, I was not the least bit unhealthy for my size age and bone frame. This uprbringing also had severe effects on my sister, who suffers from anorexia, and has been hospitalized multiple times.

I remember even in school, looking at the food pyramid we learned in health, and thinking, "Could you imagine how HUGE I would be if ate ALL THAT?" All hail the new pyramid!

When I made that first induction food, the bacon and eggs, I sat and stared at it for the longest time. I am used to cooking lots, but avoiding most of the meal while everyone else ate. Bacon, eggs, and pancakes, and I would load up on the pancakes with an occasional egg once a month or so.

I stared at that bacon, and couldn't remember the last time I had had anything but immitation bacon bits on a salad on occasion. I had 5 slices of bacon and four scrambled eggs! I felt horribly guilty, that there was no way this could be right!

So many issues, I know.

I will check in to fitday and making a journal.

Thank you again for giving me pause to think