View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-09, 19:04

Plan: Atkins 1972 version
Stats: 173/171/135 Female 5'5"
BF:38%/38%/19%
Progress: 5%
Default Becca's Gym Log

Well, I thought I'd join Ya'll over here and start my own journal! I'm into my second week of working out. I schedule 4 days at the gym, mixing up cardio & weights. I'm trying to start off slowly and work my way up so I don't burn out. I'd like to get very defined. I used to weigh around 230 pounds, and just recently started up again with the low carb. I'm 5'5" and my start weight was 173, I'm currently 38% fat, so I still have a ways to go. My goal is 130 ish. I'll be 40 years old this month.

One specific goal I have is I would like my arms to tighten up. I have a slight bit of cellulite on my upper biceps where the arm meet the shoulder (more so on the right side than the left, but their is a tiny bit I can see on my left arm too). I am really hoping this muscle shaping and weight training will help with that.

My other goal would be to eliminate or greatly reduce the celulite on my legs (I feel it is very heavy through my hamstrings and quads, and a little marbling in my butt, but more so in my thighs.) I hope it is possible to eliminate it, but I'm not sure if that is a possibility. I am hopeful though, and will work hard to achieve this. And of course I'd like to flatten my tummy

In my younger years, I was very active and fit. I worked out regularly with weights and did cardio. As the time passed and the babies came, I got off track with my exercise and ate junk, where I never really had before besides the occasional splurge which was probably only once or twice a month. No weekly cheat day for me. I was hardcore you know!

Well that is where I've been and where I am. I just hope I can get back a little bit of my former fit self. I am a caterer by profession and that does keep me busy, except when I'm doing the book work. Lots of lifting of heavy items, lots of "running" around back and forth from kitchen to reception hall etc and then more lifting, stacking, picking up supplies. I'd say I'm crazy busy 3 days out of the 5, the three days I'm busiest I'm doing the lifting and running as mentioned earlier. The other two days are slow, I sit at my desk or in my chair on my laptop doing book work, planning menu's and getting my supply order ready.

So far I'm really enjoying my workouts.

Today I did an upper body workout. Spent about 40 minutes

Chest : Chest Press 3 X 12 45#
Chest : Incline Fly 2 X 12 10#
Chest : Lying Fly 2 X 12 10#
Back : One Arm Row 2 X 12 15#
Back : Bent-over Row (barbell) 3 X 12 30#
Back : Pull-up 2 X 12 50#
Back: One arm row 2 x 12 15#
Upper Arms : Triceps Extension 3 X 12 5 #
Upper Arms : Bench Dip 2 X 12 50#
Upper Arms : Curl 3 X 12 5#
Upper Arms : Curl 1 X 12 10#
Shoulders : Military Press 3 X 12 5#
Shoulders : Lateral Raise 3 X 12 5 #
Shoulders : Rear Lateral Raise 1 X 12 5

I did a lower body workout yesterday, and I'm still feeling the effects of it. My glutes are screaming!

Any vets out there please chime in with any advice or tips. I'd love to hear from you. Your expertise and input is much valued. I will also post my before pic[IMG]

I will ask my husband to take some better before pics front, side and back and also post those just to keep track of the progress.
Sponsored Links