Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 21:27
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Stargrrrl.

>>"Wow that is interesting do you mean that I can have sugar?"

Well... no, it's not a good idea. But have you heard of the glycemic index? Try to think 'low-glycemic'. High fiber cereal isn't half bad; it sounds like you're making good choices. Keep experimenting, and go by how you feel. It honestly depends on how much 'control' you want over the situation. Personally, I find it easier to just give up the carby stuff completely. Trying to 'negotiate' CAD-style would definitely not work for me.

Hi Tangy. Technically, reactive hypoglycemia symptoms are usually symptoms of blood sugar that's too high, then too low. Personally, I don't even consider HG to be a 'disease' or 'condition', but something that's a normal human response to abnormal food. Our bodies simply aren't made to handle the masses of 'white junky stuff' many of us eat; it's just that some people feel the symptoms, and others don't (or ignore them, or blame something else.)

What would be typical for me, if I ate something junky/carby, would be the heart palpitations, mild shakiness, and I'd feel like I could run a marathon. Then within an hour, I'd be so tired I could sleep standing up. That, and I'd want to stuff myself with even more carby junk - and often did. After all, most of it was fat free. This was before LCing virtually eliminated the problem for me. Now, I can even sneak the occasional cookie or mini-chocolate bar with no problem.

For more info, there's some info here.