#9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 19:31
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Fantasia:

That was such a touching post. I could really feel your physical pain. I've also come back from poor immune system-related health problems. Just like you, I truly thought I was dying, my life had become so abnormal. It's been almost 2 years for me (being healthy) so I forget sometimes just how bad things were. Thanks for reminding me what it was like.

As someone already mentioned, being out of ketosis doesn't necessarily mean you won't lose weight. There are some higher carb diets out there where people don't go into ketosis, yet lose weight. You've already lost 25 since January. That is incredible. Ketostix are just a guideline. They aren't an accurate measure of whether you are losing weight. They just tell you that you are burning fat for fuel. However, water consumption and time of reading can affect them.

If, for whatever reason, you are unable to increase your carbs, you might also consider not cooking your veggies for now. Work on getting the most bang for your buck, so to speak, by not destroying all the important nutrients. Green leafy vegetables will always be your best choice. I buy baby spinach, which is really tender, and make salad with it.

Lastly, I don't think most people can say this enough. Track your food choices with fitday.com. I found this a tremendous tool to track how my body responds to different levels of macronutrients.

Again, thank you for your post,
Wanda