View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 19:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Wow Fantasia, what a great post!

Congratulations on your success so far! I also started BACK at the beginning of Jan too! I have lost about 16lbs myself and when I look at that figure I think "Wow not bad"! Although I seem to be coasting along right now but that's o.k. I wanted to acknowledge your post as well because I also Thank Dr. Atkins especially for helping to change my life. I remember about six years ago when I first was told about his book and I stood in the bookstore with tears in my eyes because I had no idea that Low-Carb was even an option, and there I was in his book !!! My only regret was that I had not known about it twenty years earlier before my body got so trashed and damaged! I AM well on my way to Type 2 diabetes if I do not stay on track. and away from sugar.
Yes the health benefits I feel are more important to me than the weight loss for sure! Although the weight loss is great
I was just on MSM with a girlfriend and she asked after awhile how my fingers were, as they start to hurt with too much typing(arthritis) I replied ..NO Sugar No Pain!!
My moods are wonderful, I don't get anxiety attacks, I can HANDLE the little things.
My skin is smoother. The best is ..my TOM (Time of the Month) is painless, even sneaks up on me after 27 years of horrid pain!!!
One question to you is why after such a bad experience with protien in your diet did you decide to give it another try?