#190   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/183/150
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Victoria....you're a perfect example

of how sharing on these boards will eventually help everyone. I started having symptoms when I was 42(no surgery or anything) so regardless of what some medical people say, you're not too young. You sound like you're experiencing typical symptoms of peri-menopause and there may be some other symptoms that you might not connect with it...you can check the list here: www.minniepauz.com/35symptoms.html

I've never taken hrt and haven't been to a doctor about it with all the information on the internet, plus I don't have insurance anyway. I'm afraid I've lost a lot of confidence in their ability to treat us as individuals, so I do a lot of research and use common sense.

The main point for everyone is to not expect a pat answer for anything..... there's always variations of this process depending on many things. Just realize that the process has started when you start noticing that things are different or irregular or up and down. Expect some highs and some lows, some heavy periods and some missed periods......etc. You're in peri-menopause until you have not had a period for 12 mo. and then you're post-menopausal. I haven't had a period for 13 years (I'm 55 now), but most women don't just STOP like that....I think it's because I'm a smoker.....many long time smokers have an "early" menopause.

Just keep sharing!!