Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Re: Thanks for the Advice

Quote:
Originally posted by Megan200
then eventually there was a bit of a void as I wondered what I could get excited about next. I'm a bit surprised at myself for posting something this shallow to begin with, but it's probably normal. Lc'ing is a really amazing discovery & I don't think I've been this passionate about anything in years. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling that sets in after you've been in maintenance mode for a while - I guess it's just a question of fueling all that passion into something else (while of course, continuing to eat healthily).

You know, I understand what you mean. It's almost like we've begun a new religion. As new converts, we're REALLY excited about what we've found and want to spread the word to everyone. Eventually, the passion slows down a little, but we still have goals to meet and ways to improve. But, you've done all that and what happens next? Very few of us know.

It's kind of like that Shel Silverstein poem. I can't quote it exactly, but it's about a person who spends their whole life searching for the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow - and finds it. "It's mine, it's mine, it's mine at last! What do I search for now?"

You've reached the pot of gold, Megan. I haven't. Maybe it's time to stop searching and enjoy spending that gold? Maybe it's time to figure out what else you wanted to do successfully? Maybe it's time to write a book about your success? At the very least, you deserve congratulations.

Many, many, many, many, many congrats!!!