View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 21:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

>>"I know that isnt Carb Addicts Diet anymore but Im sure everyone has to do a little customizing?"

Yep, we all experiment and adjust a little. And you're right about it being good that you've reduced your intake of the "white stuff." I actually did that before I jumped into Protein Power.

Be aware of this, though: in reactive hypoglycemia (which I assume you have - the other kind is extremely rare), the one and only thing that aggrivates the condition is carbohydrates . Your blood sugar only plummets after consuming those carbs. Once you eliminate the high-glycemic carb intake, the condition virtually disappears. If it were me, I'd be seeking out a *more* restrictive plan, not a less restrictive one. I'd go cold turkey. Give Atkins or Protein Power some consideration. I mean, assuming your HG symptoms are really annoying. Mine were sufficiently annoying that carby foods just aren't worth it to me. YMMV.

Just a suggestion based on experience. My HG is only under control as long as I'm having less than... oh, 50 or 60 g of effective carbs (total carbs minus the fiber) per day. Any 'taters, cereal, junk food, and I'm back into heart palpitations and sugar madness.