Old Fri, Jul-17-09, 11:10
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanDoThis
I have a problem with late night eating. It's late night to other people but not me really since I'm a night owl. I don't eat until around noon for my breakfast and then eat dinner with the family around 6 pm. Come 10 at night I'm hungry again. Or even if I get a breakfast in earlier, I'm still hungry late at night but that would be a 4th meal. Not good.

I've been trying to drink tons of liquids in the evenings, and stay away from the kitchen. That means someone else does the dishes, and straightens in there. I'm afraid I'll snack.

I also have quit making LC desserts. I never eat one serving of them and it just adds extra calories and carbs. If I know I"m going to have a dessert, I'll cut one of my meals in half so I have room for the cals/carbs.

I still have not gotten portion size under control yet...

Hi Kris. What time do you normally go to bed? If you really don't have breakfast until noon and you go to bed at like 2am, then I see no reason why you couldn't have a third meal around 10pm--that would really be your dinner. If you already had 3 meals that day, just make them smaller so that you can have a 4th one that's not extremely heavy; if you are hungry, then you should eat. Just eat something LC. If you are concerned about this, you can track your food intake in your journal or in Fitday/MY PLAN to see where you are. You may actually be eating far too little and your body may be telling you so.

I agree with you on LC desserts. I only make them for special occasions, when I know that there will be a bunch of people eating and not much left in the way of leftovers. Otherwise I will eat a slice of LC cheesecake every night, which is too much AS for me. So I made one for Thanksgiving, one for Christmas. Tomorrow my cousin is making one for my bridal shower, but there shouldn't really be leftovers if everyone eats a slice.

--Melissa