View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up PCOS Success story

5 years ago I met & MAIRRIED my Second husband .After we had been married a few yrs we decided to try & have a baby together I didnt think Id have any problems because I had three Daughters from my previous marriage .Looking back at my teen years I was always irregular but always thought I was late. I had my first Daughter at only 16 I was gestational Diebetic & on insulin throughout my whole pregnancy .My Third pregnancy same thing.All my daughters are 2.5-3 years apart .Just a little back ground.Anyways we really thought I must be fertile.So we started ttc 6 months & nothing so I downloaded TCOYF software & started the fam method. My Mensus had all but disapeared during this time My Dr told me to loose weight.I started charting my long cycles 4+ months made it fustrating after a year of charting I could see I wasnt ovulating I did some research and after talking with other PCOSers went to my dr to get some tests done. My FSH/LH ratio was off My trygesterides high Good Cholesterol Low I was now borderline diebetic & I had Acne real bad Not to mention I had gained 71 pounds in just a few years.Needless to say it was obvious to my Dr I had pcos or perimenopause he refered me to a RE but our insurance expired so after Two years of charting & never seeing a true Ovulation I was heartbroken . I cried to God & begged & prayed Finally I heard a still small voice tell my I needed to loose weight shortly after that he lead me to Atkins. After only three weeks on the plan I had lost 12 pounds ,Got My mensus on my own first time in 5 years & my acne was gone so I decided to stick with it over the coming months I saw numerous changes in my overall health & my Diebeties was GONE!!! I had Irrital Bowl syndrome for 9 years it disapeared only agrravated now if I eat Carbs. Slowly but surely my Mensus was evening out after 4-5 months on the plan my mensus was a regular 32-33 day cycle by 9 months on the plan I seen a Miracle I started Ovulating again on my own for the first time since I concieved my third Daughter 6 years ago. Every cycle since then 4 now Ive Ovulated my cycles continue to be regular. Ive lost 62 pounds A little slower then some & 82 inches total. Ive surpassed my origanal goal & my main goal to ovulate again is now fullfilled theres only Two more Goals to drop 18 more pnds & to See a ++++ HPT.I wish I wouldve listened to my hubby he heard a radio show 4 years ago about insulin resistance it was on protein power he told me thats your problem there describing you I ignored him Oh Im fine leave me alone! lol This WOE has not only saved my life it has givin me Hope that I will concieve a child with my Husband. May you all find the hope I have through Low Carb I really suggest Atkins for anyone with pcos its of the striktest of the LC plans & it has the most health benifits for us. Happy loosing Hope you all see the benifits I have seen!!!!
Sponsored Links