#10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 10:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CALP
Stats: 135/135/125
BF:
Progress: 0%

Kodi,

I did not read your initial post but I know where you are coming from. The first two weeks of induction I only lost about 2-3 pounds, and I know if I had been following WW I probably would have lost around 4 pounds. However, my clothes seemed to fit much better than the scale reflected and all of the sudden I lost another two pounds in the third week. Plus, I have much more muscle tone than I would have on low fat and my body is in much better shape on this diet. And I feel that with LC I can stick with it until I hit goal, whereas with LF I always feel that at any time I could give in to my cravings and never knew when I would fall of the wagon.

Believe me, the weight will come off, in my experience it just comes off more in jumps and starts than with low fat where it is more consistent. Plus, what is the point of doing low fat for a little while, losing some weight, and then falling off the wagon because of your carb addictions? I know if I went on low fat tomorrow, I probably would lose a quick five pounds but then would have to struggle over the weekends when the carb cravings return.

Also, in my experience, exercise is key (for LC and LF). And not just walking for twenty minutes, really push yourself, at least 4 times a week.

Good luck.