#4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 08:03

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%
Default Trust yourself .

Hi Carolyn.
I have woken up the past 5 years all through the night and stiff in the morning. So I understand. I hate not being able to walk well but I am finally getting a handle on it.

I haven't had much experience with Doctor't because I don't have any medical insurance but in the past year I have had pretty good relief in most of my pain and fatigue symptoms. I developed fibro about 5 years ago. It probably was before that but really started messing my life up then. I have had severe off and on fatigue since my youngest daughter was born 17 years ago.

I guess your post hit home for me with NEVER GIVE UP. IT has taken me 17 years of searching for my own answers to finally get some relief. I have gone to the doctor's over and over . I have even gone to the women's clinic here in Yarmouth run by Dr. Christine Northrup who is well known for treating Candidiasis. Yeast. Well when they didn't find yeast as the cause for my fatigue they told me to go see a physciatrist and get therapy. Well I trusted myself and refused to believe that it was all in my head.

I have tried many different supplements and found that Coral Calcium made the biggest difference for me in my pain levels and then I found another company that I take supplements from that eliminated most of my fatigue. I finally had the energy to go back to low carbing. My husband and daughter have joined me and my husband has said he will always eat this way as well.He had terrible carb addictions and says he won't even test it by eating a little because he will slip back.........as I digress here.

Anyway. I found I had to find a way to manage the pain naturally before I could do anything else. The diet helped but the pain was still there and I couldn't concentrate. Then the fatigue was so bad as well but of course the carbs will do that as well so it really is a whole package.

I guess I would suggest giving coral calcium a try for the pain and if you want the name of the company I can send you a private message. I also have pain in my hip and I don't believe mine is the joint but rather the primiformis muscle which is the deep muscle beneath the glutius maximus. It is painful alot when I sit and if I press on the center of my buttocks I can feel how much it reacts to that. I believe it is another muscle that is affected in my case... I wonder if that might be the same for you? I am not a doctor but I do know I have had to do alot of research to find some help for myself .I kept asking the doctor for natural therapies and she couldn't make any suggestions. YOu can go to a naturiopathic doctor and they might be able to suggest some forms of alternative treatment that might help heal your body as opposed to treating the symptoms.

Well that is my two cents for what it is worth . You will find the way out of the pain........Debbie.

P.S. A B-Vitamin complex is a great place to start to help with mood and anxiety. Get a good quality though. I can suggest a place to find those as well if you are interested.