Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 07:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/181/154 Female 68 inches
BF:No idea!!
Progress: 44%
Smile Confusion helper!!

Hi there!
I have recently started Atkins again - so I do know quite a bit -I did it for about 18 months so I might be able to help you with a few things!
To start-yes-30g is an ounce/oz.
Lemon juice does have carb in it -230ml has 19.5- so if you have 3 lemons that's probably about 60ml-5g of carb.
Why dont you try peppermint or green tea insted of that or the greek coffee?Peppermint tea really helps aid digestion and flattens the tummy!!
Also if you are having alot of milk in your tea that will up your carbs-1tbsp is 1.3 g so that could be 5g if you like milky tea like me!!
Also the yoghurt could be sustituted for full fat mayonnaise and tastes a whole lot better!
Soya sauce is high in salt and so could make you dehyrate if you aren't drinking enough water-I was told 2 litres a day is good.
Dont you find eating the same thing boring?I would vary your lunches and dinners otherwise you will get bored.
Why not try Tuna mixed with mayo and grated cheesewith mixed salad for luch and some steak or lamb chops or chicken with a cream sauce with broccoli or another salad?
I were you I would b uy a copy of the book to refresh your memory.I am re-reading mine and am re-learning stuff I forgot.
Hope that helped a bit.I am sure others can advise on the rest!
Good luck.
Lalla