View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 05:51

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

I try to follow as much as I can the ER4YT guidelines, and I truly think he's absolutely correct as far as O's and B's are concerned, but I think he needs to research A's much much better. I became diabetic eating like an A *should*. I have also found, through kineseology, that beef/red meats are NOT a problem for me, quite the reverse, in fact. I digest red meats just fine! In fact, I do better on beef/bison than I do on 'lighter' meats. When my blood sugar is out of control I have found if I eat bison with mushrooms I can get my BG to come down. I can also eat a huge steak (with butter on it!) and go straight to bed and not have a bit of trouble with my stomach. (Oh, I know, it isn't good to go to bed right after a heavy meal, but it truly won't bother me if it's steak). My BG will look OK when I get up too (not as much nightime rise as on other foods).
As for being an O-type and eggs, well, they aren't the highest quality protein for O's. Try this: fry them in ghee and without breaking the yolks. Eat them all by themselves and see how you do. You may not be able to tolerate eggs that have had the yolks mixed in. (see the Schwarbein folks about this). How about plain hard boiled eggs? I find they will bother me sometimes if I add mayonnaise to them, but not if I eat them just plain. Or you may be sensitive to chicken eggs! (Can you tolerate a flu shot? They are processed through chicken eggs)