View Single Post
  #149   ^
Old Sun, May-17-09, 12:19

Plan: Atkins 01/11/10
Stats: 355/310/147 Female 5'-9"
BF:goin' down
Progress: 22%

Good job on resisting the temptation and lowcarb thinking on your feet. It can be done. Yesterday the fam and I all went to the movie tavern where they serve burgers, pizzas, etc while you are watching your movie. I was concerned about what there was for me to order but right there on the menu were hot wings with celery and ranch. Not the perfect choice, but a viable once in a while choice.

For a long time I have been not participating in many aspects of life (disqualifying myself because of my weight) and I'm weary of doing that. I don't want to now disqualify myself because of my dietary restrictions, so sometimes compromise is required. I like the whole just throw away the bread approach. In a pinch, it helps you stay on the program even if you don't know exactly what is in what's left. To me it's sort of like running alongside the wagon rather that being on the wagon. Much better than falling off the wagon which then requires a catch-up/recovery period. Running alongside the wagon makes me tired very quickly as there is not much emotional payoff to it. So, it makes me want to get back up on the wagon that much sooner.

We'll get there if we don't give up.
Juanita