#86   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 09:28

Plan: VSG Post Op/ Low Carb
Stats: 521/235.4/230 Male 5ft 10"
BF:dropping
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiajuana
I did start food journaling on FitDay and realized I was eating way more carbs than I thought. Maybe I need to review DANDR since it has been a few years since I seriously tried it.

I do need to start moving more. I have a gym membership that I need to start using!

Juanita

In my personal opinion the old old DR Atkins New Diet Revolution was the absolute best release. Just my opinion. Its like the low carb bible to me. Not very commercialized and it worked wonders. I remember doing it in college so hard core that i lost 60lbs but after two weeks of no bowel movements i caught a SERIOUS case of consitpation and had to call my mom almost in tears. After a few bowls of Raisin Bran, LIquid Colace, and Watermelon. DIDNT HAVE THAT PROBLEM ANYMORE. lol, but i also stopped doing the diet out of pure fear. then after about 2 years I got on it again after i met this guy who was on it and i told him i had been on it a couple years back and told him of my horror story and he said well i have to do something and he continued and lost over 100lbs. That made so much sense to me. It was like ok, this is the one thing that works for me and im comfortable and i can be me i just have to figure out how get in enough fiber and i'll be cool. The first time i did it my diet consisted of grilled chicken breast strips cheese, and eggs. THAT WAS IT. Not hard being a college bachelor and absolutely noone to answer for. And I was doing about a gallon of water a day. Anyhoo fast forward back to my second attempt after talking to this guy and that puts me at 4 years ago when i found this forum while looking for something else. I had a goal to lose 2lbs per week and lose 104lbs in a year. Not only did i do it, but i did it EXACTLY ON THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY date. And i did it with no exercise. I then decided i was going to go to a personal trainer that was about two blocks away from my office and i let him convince me that low carb was dangerous and this and that. So i began to phase out low carb and use his nuts and berries and fresh veges and all this crap. next thing you know i was 20lbs heavier and then 30 and then i just stopped everything altogether. In four years i put on all the weight i lost plus some. So now, im back to what i know. I'm back to whats comfortable, its not a bad lifestyle change and im being 500% more active than I had been.

About a month ago my wife and I miscarried twins. We loved our babies so much together and one of the promises that I made to myself my wife and my doctor was that I will be a healthier more fit man the next time around so that I can be the best father I could possibly be. So this is kinda like my last stand. The other plans dont work the other diets only show short term success and are not long term solutions for me. So this is what i'll be doing from now on. And if i lose a few pounds in the process. That will be good.

TIJUANA check out our 100 Knee Lifts per night thread, its a great gateway exercise that alot have come to enjoy.

JT