#7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 21:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 235/219/130
BF:45%/42%/20%
Progress: 15%

Hi Kodi 10,
well, yes....my husband lost weight very easy on the low fat diet and keeps it off and is never hungry. His blood reading are getting better (although I am giving him flax seed oil).....but....
then there is me. He told me for years that I could lose weight if I went low fat-calorie....and I never was able. I was always hungry, depressed, tired and over all....miserable. A friend told me about LC and I tried it. WHAM! I have lost 30 pounds off my high weight of 253 and now am 223 with LC in just a few months. I am never hungry and I have so much energy...(still deal with cravings) but I can handle the cravings when I see the results of using self control and good choices for me.
I think it truly depends on the individual persons body response to foods. I cam across a book called the carbohydrate addicts lifespan program and in there, was a "test" to see how a body responds to carbs. ...wow, I tested the highest for carb addiction...my hubby took the same test and he was the opposite of me. So, now...we are a "kitchen of two worlds" He is great about it. I have my bacon and eggs with cheese and he has a lowfat waffle and some syrup....we both do great. (although, I am learning to not look at his plate But, he is great....he cooks his own meals and I cook mine...but a lot of times I can fix a dinner that we both share...lowcarb....lowfat
anyway...all that to say that I believe that it truly depends on ones own body reaction to carbs...I know, for me, the only thing that works is ...LC