View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 19:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234.5/207/130 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy Back in the extra large saddle again?

Greetings Everyone - - - - Shannon here!

I'm 17 and have been on countless diets. I discovered the low-carb WOL back in 2000, and gave it a try using Protein Power. Within a short amount of time, I had lost 20 pounds and felt great! For some reason (no reason is an excuse anyway) I gave it up.

Ever since my brief success, I have been trying to get back in the swing of the LC lifestyle. I fail everytime. I've tried PP, Atkins, Carb Addicts, and even a couple of my own invention. I don't know why I can't stick with it. When the cravings hit, I can resist for awhile, but then I think, "it doesn't matter at this point anyway", or "I'm going to eat whatever I want this week so I won't miss it when I start again on monday". I know that saying this to myself won't help, but I still do it!!!

I've been heavy for a while, but this is the heaviest Ive ever been (230 lbs at 5'3''). When I hit 210, I panicked and started a diet. I weigh around 230 now, and for some reason, Im not as shocked as I was for 210. I just feel sad, like no matter what I say, I can't change (and let me tell you, working in a bakery isn't helping my situation...helllOOOO chocolate chip cookies).

BUT I WANT TO CHANGE! I come into this forum and see how many people have changed their lives for the better. I want to be one of those people, but I feel like I don't know how to start, even though I've read the books.

All of my clothes with buttons and zippers are soooo not happening on me. If I need to wear my khaki skirt for work, I leave it unzipped/buttoned, roll it down, and wear a long shirt with an apron. Everytime people talk quietly, I assume they are talking about me.

I have stretch marks as my battle scars, but I've lost all of the fights so far.

I pray for the strength to help me make it through highschool as a fatgirl. I guess I just want reassurance that there are people like me who have been through it. Of course, I know that this forum is full of people with weight issues, but I feel alone.

Wow, I would be depressed reading this...I don't mean to bring anybody else down. Just trying to sort through the junk and get back in the saddle again...Thanks for Listening.

Shannon
Sponsored Links