View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 16:38

Plan: Anti-Candida
Stats: 138.2/125/135 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 413%

I started the anti-Candida diet a little over two months ago, but I made a lot of changes at once. Not only did I go sugar-free and yeast-free (including vinegar), but I also went gluten-free, soy-free, and mostly dairy-free (I still eat butter and whole organic plain yogurt, and I occasionally cheat with milk or heavy cream). I was already corn-free, oats-free, mushroom-free, peanut-free, and mostly nut-free since I had had obvious reactions to those things. (I test positive for yeast and mold allergies among many, many other things.) I also avoid foods in the nightshades family (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, and eggplants) with exception of cayenne.

Prior to going on this diet, I could barely get up and down my stairs. On some days, I couldn't even bend or straighten my hands. Now, both my fibro symptoms as well as my arthritis symptoms are minimal.

Of course, since I also have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities), I've been avoiding being around chemicals as much as possible as well. Chemicals definitely trigger flare-ups for me. Some researchers believe that fibro and MCS go hand in hand.