#5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 00:37
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 135/125/125 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Thanks for the Advice

Thanks for the comments everyone - especially the idea about getting a new hobby. It's funny I haven't cared about my weight since I was a teen & didn't even own a scale until I had to monitor my weight with my last pregnancy (during which I had gestational diabestes). I'd just accepted the fact that I'd always be a little overweight & enjoyed life.

I feel like I went through stages after starting lc'ing. First I was all excited about eating in a healthier way, then I was excited about learning about all the different foods I could eat, then I got excited about the fact that I no longer had to worry about not fitting into my jeans or hiding under baggy clothes.... then eventually there was a bit of a void as I wondered what I could get excited about next.

I'm a bit surprised at myself for posting something this shallow to begin with, but it's probably normal. Lc'ing is a really amazing discovery & I don't think I've been this passionate about anything in years. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling that sets in after you've been in maintenance mode for a while - I guess it's just a question of fuling all that passion into something else (while of course, continuing to eat healthily).