View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 19:02
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking Carol's Famous LC Chocolate Cheesecake!

This is a recipe I made up this past December. It's simple, quick and DELICIOUS! I've shared it with many in my new circle of friends here on the forum... and it's gotten rave reviews. I thought I'd post it here for the rest of you to try. If chocolate doesn't appeal to you... you need help... NO... just read on for suggestions on variations.

Quote:
Chocolate Cheesecake --
Click Here for Picture

by Carol CA

1 pkg gelatin
¼ c water
2 oz Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1¼ cup heavy cream
1 t vanilla
2 T DaVinci SF Chocolate Syrup (If you don't have this, just add more Splenda to taste. Not all that important. I've also used Kahlua SF syrup... and that's good, too! Be creative.)
2T Splenda

· Dissolve gelatin in cold water and set aside.
· Put 1/4 cups of the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
· Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and stir into boiling cream along with the chocolate until cream cheese is smooth and the chocolate is melted.
· Add the gelatin, vanilla and sweetener (to suit your taste) and pour mixture into largish mixing bowl and let cool down.
· While this is cooling, whip remaining cream until very stiff.
· After cream cheese mixture is cool, beat well with an electric mixer.
· Add whipped cream and mix again until thoroughly blended.
· Pour into a buttered or sprayed pie pan, muffin tins or ramekins.
· Chill until firm, about 2 hours. (Overnight is best.)

This recipe is simply heavenly! You can sprinkle ground chocolate or finely ground nuts on top for added eye appeal. Serve this to your guests with pride... low carbers or not!
----------------------------------
Here are the stats per FitDay:
FOR THE ENTIRE PIE...
2144 Calories
222 Fat
31 Carbs
30 Protein

One-sixth is a nice serving. Okay... OKAY... so I really eat 1/4 at a time. This is something that when I make it, I take 1/2 of it IMMEDIATELY over to my friend's house... or I'd eat it all.
No control. Tsk tsk.
VARIATIONS --
- Strawberry -- I've omitted the chocolate and used SF strawberry syrup. Garnish with fresh strawberry slices.
- Butterscotch -- I've used Jello SF Butterscotch Pudding... adding 1/2 pkg per pie. I also added a splash of DaVinci's Butter Rum SF Syrup... but that probably didn't add much flavor. If you don't have it, just the pudding will suffice. This makes for a very thick pie, however. YUMMY!
- Kahlua -- Either add the chocolate or not. I then added DaVinci SF kahlua syrup. Very mocha-y tasting.
- You can also make a crust using ground macadamia nuts and a little butter. Press into a pie pan... and you have a wonderful crust. I did this when I made the butterscotch pie. To die for!
- Your turn to think of something!
Sponsored Links