#3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 18:44

Plan: Lower Carb/BFL
Stats: 190/181/130
BF:31/??/15
Progress: 15%
Default thanks

Dig,

Thank you for your response. That guy really cheesed me off too! We'll show him...! I wish I had been able to rebutt him the way you did in your post... I guess revenge will be the best reward Too bad, because I thought he was kinda cute before he opened his mouth

Don't even get me started on his theory about how the body and mind want to remain in homeostasis and I should do my best to stay on an even keel, physically and emotionally... to which I believe I looked at him like he was from Mars and bit my lip to stop from screaming "What about love! Passion! Empathy! Grief! Challenge! Learning!" He must sound awfully Californian to some of y'all I imagine he lives a virtuous, balanced, and utterly boring life.

I do think flexibility & balance are important, and already do yoga & pilates a couple times a week and stretch before/after working out. I don't want to live in the gym, and feel like I get a lot out of my high intensity workouts, though my level of commitment had varied a lot over the past 3 weeks, more on the food than anything else... but now I find myself loooking forward to those workouts and hitting those 10s So that is what I will keep doing and he can just kiss my (hopefully) shrinking heiny if he doesn't like it.

Babs

ps- I forgot to say, he does advocate following the Shwarzbein principle, which I know virtually nothing about and will be doing some research on -- I already eat mainly "whole foods" and I think that is its focus.