View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 17:35

Plan:
Stats: 225/205/180
BF:
Progress:
Default wings

I go to Sam's club and get an even larger (10 lbs) bag and keep it in my big freezer. These are just raw chicken wings with no additional ingredients. I also got a DeLonghi countertop deep fryer which I use for making wings (unless I'm making them on a grill). I don't even have to thaw them, just fry em up and put em in a sauce made with Texas Pete's and butter. Excellent. Celery sticks and low carb blue cheese dressing on the side. I think you could (and should) eat this at least once a week.

I know that one of the reasons I originally gained too much weight is that I was addicted not just to carbs but also to convenience food, fast food. Wings are really good, really fast and seriously low carb. I can't imagine that you could have too much under this WOE. In fact, when I first started out, I was inspired to stick with it by a guy on this site who said that he had made progress because he was able to eat as many wings as he wanted.

I think women have a harder time giving up sweets and chocolate. Like most guys, my problem areas are giving up favorite foods of my youth which I was in the habit of eating at least once a week -- pizza, sushi and pasta. That I can still go nuts with wings makes it easier to bypass my former favorites, now forbidden.