#15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 16:26
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Karen:

I think you are the first person I've read about who craves sweets from too much protein?

I'm doing a lot of experimenting right now to find out how my body works best. I'm using fitday, weighing myself everyday, drinking the same amount of water each day (14 cups), and measuring ketones. I'm not usually this obsessed (in fact, I try not to weigh myself very often), but I want all this data right now to find out why I get false hunger. Usually it is 45 minutes after my evening meal, which happens to be my highest protein meal. I hadn't thought about overconsuming protein, I was fiddling with my fat intake instead.

Based on PP, I should get 69 grams of protein/day. I far exceed this amount. It's often over 100 grams, about 45 grams coming from dinner. However, my impression from the previous posts is that too much protein will knock you out of ketosis. This hasn't happened to me, but I am getting false hungers on the days, I've noted, where my dinner protein consumption is high.

So here is my question. You say you get cravings after overconsuming protein. Does this overconsumption knock you out of ketosis as well? Or just make you crave sweets?

This is a very interesting thread. Another reason this forum is so great.

TIA,
Wanda