#2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 15:21
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Lessara:

Poor you. Yes, food intolerances suck. I don't have food allergies, per se, but I tested "severe" for 97 food intolerances at one point. Guess what, sugar was #1! I also had severe environmental allergies (10 things in total - mould, dust, wool, cotton, dandelion, maple... you get the picture). On top of that I had chemical sensitivities (perfume, cleaners etc.).

I was put on a candida diet for about 2 months (no dairy, no sugar, no grains - basically no foods that contain any yeast, fungus or mould). Within 6 weeks I stopped my allergy shots!!!! I was stunned. I guess my body's immune system became so compromised by the huge amounts of sugar I was eating, my body started overreacting to everything.

I really hope you will get as lucky as I did. You may find in a short period of time that you are able to tolerate some of the foods you like in small doses once your body is no longer be hammered by the affects of sugar. I agree with you. I believe most cravings for the things we eat are the result of food intolerance. Those who subscribe to the "your body is craving the micronutrients" theory are severely food intolerant, justifying why they can't give up their addiction.

Best of luck,
Wanda