#11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 14:51
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Diana:

I just made low carb bread for the first time over the weekend and was thrilled with the result.

Check out the following link for low carb breads and pastas. I made Gabi's World Famous Bread. This bread is very low in carbs (3.4/slice) and tastes like a regular whole grain bread. I sliced mine very thin, so I think each slice works out to be 3 grams (2 ECC grams). http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/bread.html

This WoE is just that. Learning to live with long-term alternatives that you can live with. If you are really craving bread, I think it is much better to eat LC bread than going for the real thing in a moment of weakness. But remember, moderation.

Having said that, be aware of how you are reacting to it. Is it stalling weight loss? Is it creating other unavoidable addictions/cravings? Only you will know the answer to that. This is all an experiment. What may be good for one person could be a disaster for someone else. I can eat a little low carb bread OK, but if I eat high carb grains, I end up bingeing on sugar.

So have fun, experiment.

Wanda