View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 06:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/127.2/123 Female 5'1&1/2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Thumbs up Perfect attitude!!

Speaking of going back on induction from time to time, made me think of this: I have been low carbing for 3 months now , and hard as it is to believe, no longer crave any of the sweets and starches that seemed so hard to give up in the begining. Consequentially I sometimes have to check that I am eating over the 20 carb level of induction, as I have I have learned some new low carb recipies that I so love. when I make them I am apt to eat too much of them and not include enough other carbs, tee hee , who would have guessed that'd happen! Atkins web site has recipies for "Shortcut Moussaka","Osso Buco"and the like. I make a lowcarb "Italian Wedding Soup" that I have a recipe for that is great, and Atkins has this "Cheese Sauce" that you just heat a cup of heavy cream and when hot stir in 1 cup grated cheese, and whisk around till smooth, I add a little paprika and a generous amount of tarragon and it is great on cauliflower or other veggies and fish, chicken etc. This web site has great recipies you have already found I'm sure. So I doubt going a little lower in carbs from time to time can hurt, as long as you remind yourself to include enough veggies if you've neglected to, also I add berries in heavy cream. I guess the greatest thing about this way of eating is that the longer you are on it, the more you enjoy it. At first on induction it may seem that it's about the foods you Can't have but after it's all about all the great things you Can have.There are so many great recipies out there! Also a crock pot is handy. Yikes...what a windy post!! You must be yawning, tee hee.