View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 06:18
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Twiggy - When I first tried CALP, it was fine and I felt in control... but then I grew uncomfortable with the wild way in which the scale was fluctuating and with my growing daytime fantasies about which delectible carb I would indulge in that evening! I knew within a short time I didn't have the discipline to keep my RM's balanced. What I did take away from CALP that I personally find useful are the timing issues they focus on. It's a good plan for some people and they do well on it....but for others it's pretty scary....or they end up like me, without very many "rewards" at their reward meal!

If you're interested, you may want to take a look through Natrushka's monster journal.... she had success in shaking things up by following a lower fat, higher carb plan....I think she stuck to the BFL plan (not sure) and did well. She's always tweaking.

Atkins also discusses the Reversal Diet in his first book, but never mentions it again...not even on his website. But there's summaries of it on this board if you do a search for it. It basically talks about going to a complete opposite diet (low-cal, low-fat) for a couple of weeks and then going back on LC to shake things up. Personally, I can't dream of doing that because of my blood sugar issues. And you're nervous about carb triggers.... I don't know. It's a personal decision I guess. The other alternative, of course, is strict induction.... and I'd suggest keeping it lower fat and higher protein as much as possible.

Gotta run........shower time!